Welcome to Accounting!
What We Do
The Accounting department is responsible for all accounting transactions and control of all town funds, disbursements and financial revenues in accordance with Mass General Laws, Massachusetts Dept of Revenue and by-laws of the Town of Swansea. Additionally, it administers and manages the Town's employee benefits program for both active and retired employees which includes the billing process and changes in enrollment.
- Responsible for processing the weekly Accounts Payable warrants for town and school
- Examines charges are correct and funds are appropriated and available for use
- Processes biweekly payroll for all town employees
- Reconciles cash and accounts receivables monthly to Treasurer/Collector
- Maintains the town's financials, multiple ledgers and subsequent journal entries
- Prepares financial, statistical and operational reports for local, state and federal purposes
- Manages the yearly Operational, Enterprise and Revolving Fund Budgets
- Assists external auditors in the annual Financial Audit
- Works in conjunction with the Assessor to prepare the annual Tax Recap to set the annual real estate tax rate
- Custodian of all contracts and grants
- Ensure Town funds are used for appropriate purposes and are recorded within approved budgetary functions
Advisory and Finance Committee
FY2023 OPERATIONAL BUDGET
|Tracy Jo Anderson||Town Accountant|
|Wendy Parent||Payroll Clerk/Health Benefits Coordinator|
|Laura Cyr||Accounts Payable|
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Phone: 508-679-6489, ext. 3